How Do I Apply?
In order to make sure you have the appropriate documentation, download the following list:
- What to Bring to Your WIC Appointment (English/Spanish)
- What to Bring to Your WIC Appointment (Vietnamese)
- Proof of household income. Complete the Income Questionnaire to make sure you bring appropriate documentation.
- Identification for all family members applying for WIC.
- Proof of where you live.
- Each person applying for WIC.
- Call or go by the clinic nearest you to make an appointment for a pregnant woman, breastfeeding woman, postpartum woman, infant, or child less than 5 years of age.
- At the time of your appointment, bring required documentation of your household's source of income or wages, your current physical address, and identification for each person applying for WIC benefits and the adult responsible for the benefits. Please see the What to Bring to Your Appointment and Income Questionnaire form for additional information and examples of acceptable documentation.
- During the appointment the applicant will undergo a simple health screen including height and weight measurement, a finger stick to screen for low iron, a medical and health history and a diet recall and history to determine nutritional risk.
- At the end of his or her appointment, an applicant will receive counseling and referral to appropriate health and human services, if applicable. WIC Program eligibility will also be determined. Food benefits will be provided to those eligible.
- If you have any questions about the above information, lack some item above, or have a special situation, call or go by the clinic before your appointment so the staff may assist you with your situation. Not bringing in all the documentation at the time of your appointment may delay eligibility determination and benefits. A complete screen must be done before eligibility can be determined.