Environmental Health & Food Protection
**Effective 9/1/2014, the Bell County Public Health District will no longer be offering the Certified Food Manager Class. The class schedule until August, 2014 will remain the same with no changes to fee schedule. The accredited on-line Certified Food Manager classes listed on this site will continue to be accepted by the Health District, as will any other certification provided by counties/cities in the state. The Health District will also accept nationally accredited programs. This DOES NOT affect the Food Worker card requirements or classes offered by the Health District.
Information about and relating to the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) continues to be at the top of media and social media coverage.
The State Operations Center would like to provide the following links to sign up for information from official sources for EVD updates:
· Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS)
· News releases and sign up for email updates – https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/news/releases.shtm
· Twitter (@TexasDSHS) – https://twitter.com/TexasDSHS
· Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC)
· News releases and sign up for email updates – http://www.hhsc.state.tx.us/news/release.shtml
· Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/TexasHHSC
· Office of the Governor Rick Perry
· Ebola updates – http://governor.state.tx.us/highlight/ebola-update/
· Press releases – http://governor.state.tx.us/news/press-release/
· Twitter (@TexGov) – https://twitter.com/TexGov
· Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/TexasGovernor
· Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
· Ebola home page – http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/index.html
· Email alerts sign up – http://www.cdc.gov/other/emailupdates/
· Newsroom – http://www.cdc.gov/media/index.html
· Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/CDC
These links serve to provide current news, information and best practices from state and federal partners concerning EVD and response.